"For God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND!" 2 Timothy 1:7

Thursday, June 9, 2011

FACE THE WORLD…HEAD ON…



   Psalm 138:7-8 "Though I walk through the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch your hands against the anger of my foes with your right hand, you save me. The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever…"


 

Life is hard…being married is even harder. I was talking with someone who has been divorced for 2 years now and he was feeling beaten and broken. He is struggling in his church where he is feeling a lot of finger pointing. He told me "I just get frustrated because people treat divorced people like they are living in sin and need repeated forgiveness. The fact is I deserve to be whipped and nailed to the cross for breaking God's laws but Jesus did that for me! I'm forever thankful for Him!"
We are all deserving of being whipped and nailed to the cross. Not one of us is better than anyone else and we all struggle with something. But like my friend said, JESUS DID THAT FOR ME. In a world full of discouragement and finger pointing, Jesus was whipped and nailed to the cross for us all. 


We all know what John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in him will not parish but have everlasting life". How much more encouraging can you get? Whether you are divorced or not, no matter what sins you have committed in your life….God loves you enough that he sent his son to die for you so you could know him, build a relationship with him and have everlasting life. Just like the Psalmist said 
 
"Though I walk through the midst of trouble, you preserve my life" God will always be there for us. He walks with us and even when people are pointing the finger, he stretches his hand out and saves us.

Face the world today, hold your head up high because you have something that the world doesn't, you have JESUS CHRIST!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment