"For God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND!" 2 Timothy 1:7

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Discouraged? Well, sometimes, me to!

Why are we discouraged? Did someone tell us we looked pregnant when we have only gained 20 extra lbs? Did we loose a job or a home? Did our spouse cheat on us? Did the bill collectors call because we can't afford to pay them? Did we wake up with a pimple on our face??? Why are we worrying?

Matt. 13:22 "The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." Has your seed fallen among the thorns? Guess what, seeds can be replanted….

Mark 4:19
but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful What is at the root of your worry?

God already knows his plan for us. He knows the obstacles that are in our way. Some of our worries are valid. But others, we know, really aren't worth the time spent thinking about them. HOWEVER, regardless of their validity, God says:

Phil. 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Pet. 5:7  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

The solution, truly is simple. Take it to God. Pray about it. Before you pick up the phone to call someone to ask them their advice, turn to God first. God speaks to us. God will give us the truth!!! Isaiah 60:1 says "Arise, shine; for your light has come, And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you."


 

Arise, Get Up…Lift your eyes to the LORD and BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!!! Think about your choices…think about your questions…God's got the answer for you, just reach out to him and ask him!


 

What questions do you have for God? What are your worries? What are your Fears? Write them down, Put them in a prayer and pray on them…God will answer….


 

Dear LORD, I know that you call us to be what we can be and not what we are. I know that you know the plans for us as your word says in Jeremiah 29:11. Lord, I life my anxieties, my questions and my fears into your hand. I ask for discernment in my choices and the quiet in my spirit so I can hear your voice. LORD, you are my ROCK and my comfort. I praise your name!!! To you be the glory! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment