"For God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND!" 2 Timothy 1:7

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life happens…and this is how I fight back.

 
Let me set the stage…It’s payday…We are a single income family. I’ve paid all the bills and realize that we only have $100 left now that the bills are paid and i still have to figure out how to get gas for the Bike and the Jeep, groceries, my husband’s meds and the last of Karmann's school supplies...I make my grocery list and only put the bare essentials on it…bread, milk, butter…forget the eggs, too expensive. “How am I going to make this stretch for 2 weeks? Leo’s next check is the rent check so we won’t have much left over after that one either…how am I going to make this stretch for an entire month?”

Then it happens, I feel the wave of emotion come over me. Panic has struck. I keep reminding myself how lucky we are. My best friend just lost her mom and my other dear friend will be alone after her husband deploys in 2 days. There are riots in England and women are being victimized in Ethiopia and India and here I am having a panic attack over making $100 last 4 weeks! But it doesn’t help, the emotion is there, I’m going to lose my mind!!!

I repeat 2 Timothy 1:7For God did not give you the spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND!” Did you hear that satan, I have the power of a Sound Mind so you can’t take that from me.

I then am reminded that “I can do all things through Christ that Strengthens me” ~Philippians 4:13

However, even as I keep telling myself over and over that God is on my side. He won’t leave me, He won’t forsake me…and all of this is in His hands, my emotions still seem to be more powerful than the thoughts and words.

Then, I do something that I know the enemy didn’t count on. I reached out to my prayer warriors for prayer. I swallowed my pride and gave them the details so that they could prey over the specifics. I admitted to them that yes, I was feeling full of the “Woe is Me’s” but that I knew God was bigger than this situation.

I allow myself to cry and as the tears are flowing, I turn my emotions over to the Lord. I cry out “Lord, I praise your name…Lord you are so good to me…Lord you are my rock and you are my Savior…Lord, take these emotions from me and lift this cloud from my eyes”. Once the teas dried up, I began to fight back.

I said “Lord, your word says in Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not bring you harm.’ Lord, this is your promise to me. Thank you Lord, for this promise and for not giving up on me. Lord, thank you for whatever happens from here. Lord, Thank you for the $100 that I do have left. Lord, thank you for giving me exactly what I need and for knowing that I can go another month with my bills being paid on time.”

Then, He reminds me of Psalm 29:
1 Ascribe to the LORD, you heavenly beings,
   ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
   worship the LORD in the splendor of his[a] holiness.
 3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
   the God of glory thunders,
   the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;
   the voice of the LORD is majestic.
5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
   the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon leap like a calf,
   Sirion[b] like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the LORD strikes
   with flashes of lightning.
8 The voice of the LORD shakes the desert;
   the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the LORD twists the oaks[c]
   and strips the forests bare.
And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
 10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
   the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
11 The LORD gives strength to his people;
   the LORD blesses his people with peace. “ ~Psalm 29 (NIV)

And, as I am reading this Psalm, my daughter walks in, carrying her Sholastic Book Fair fundraiser from school…”Guess what Mom, we have until next Friday to order ok??” I had to laugh…Good try Satan, but it didn’t work…God hears my cries, He hears my prayers. Prayer is God’s language between Him and I. God’s voice breaks through everything. His voice gest us through the problems of life…it’s just up to me to listen.

Lord, I praise your name and I Glorify it. I am full of joy and thanksgiving! Thank you for showing up in my life! ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment