"For God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND!" 2 Timothy 1:7

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I HATE THE SCALE!!!

I hate the scale!! I really do. It lies to me. It’s just a number, but it’s not THE number but it’s the number that most of us pay attention to. How often do we track our successful weight loss to what the scale says?  When I look at the scale, I get depressed! I am still 155lbs but have finally, gotten down to a size 6 jeans (thank you Lord, for spandex in our jeans! lol) but if I were to track my progress by my scale weight, I would have given up many, many months ago. That's why I love the BB programs, they teach you to track your changes by more than just the scale! The scale is a good tool, but not the only tool. there is so much more to take into consideration. Also, the key is that we need to be healthy and if that means we are considered "overweight" by a scale, then so be it. We are who we are and until we are confident and content and love us they way we are right now, today, we will never be happy with ourselves no matter what size or weight we are. until we deal with the baggage that is affecting our self esteem now, it will be with us when we shrink down. Trust me, this was a lesson I had to learn the hard way! The way I saw myself when I was a size 3 is the same way I saw myself when I was a size 14. Talk about a messed up sense of self!

No comments:

Post a Comment